Friday, 30 March 2012

Getting Things Organized - and the waiting game

Waiting for referrals and appointments is the hardest part.

Chris has been amazing, and I was lucky  too -- my sister Ula and my BIL Jeff flew into town, and have been AMAZING. Ula has helped me organize  stuff here and is getting trained to handle all of my business stuff while I am at the hospital ( still no dates on that. Maybe May, who knows?), so  that's a huge weight off my shoulders.  At least is one thing that I won't have to worry about --I've had my business for over 5 years now, so I'm not about to let it fall to the wayside.

Ula has been really good at helping me and Chris poke about, and hopefully we will have some sort of date ( at least for the CT scan!) soon. Its really exhausting to feel like people in the medical offices get irritated that you call and insist; I keep wanting to say " If this was your life you're fighting for, wouldn't you?"  Day by day. I just wish it didn't feel like they are treating it so lackadaisically.

Anyway, here we are dealing with the other things -- my friend P.  got me some information about the documents I should have done ( for instance a POA, a living will and some other ones) alongside with the world's best dessert. It was gone by the evening!

I got some great information from a couple of the people at the Belly Button club, and will be phoning to talk to them this weekend, and Aiden liked the suggestion that he could go talk to the counselor at his elementary school. I'm so happy our little guy is as open as he is... though he is having to grow up awfully fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment