Thursday, 17 May 2012

A Good Day

Today was a beautiful day. It felt like early summer, our plants are growing like crazy, and I wasn't in much pain ( woo!) 
Chris was home sick so when he was going to go pick up Aiden I came along. I hadn't been there since this whole madness started, but I really wanted to surprise my little guy, and touch base with friends I hadn't seen in a few months now.
I only ran into a few of them, but it was so wonderful to see them!! The past few days I have felt better than I had for the past three months, and there are days I almost feel like my old self. 

Had a stressful time the past couple of days, trying to figure out how the MOAS and my stay in Calgary will be working out -- exactly three weeks from today I will be in surgery, and fingers crossed everything goes according to plan.  So, in a little over two weeks I'm hopping on a plane and heading over to the Tom Baker Center. Time to dust myself off and get in battle mode for the weeks ahead.

We drove by a church on the way home ( there are several different ones in PoCo), and their sign said : "Patience is trusting in G-d's timing."

 I have to trust in G-d's timing. I have to trust that every step we have taken in this direction has been for a reason, and I know that I am in good hands.   I imagine the next couple of weeks I will be a basket case in terms of stress, and I hope that people will be able to understand that.

Speaking of timing though, I got some lovely cards and thoughts from Evey and a few other friends... thank you so much!  My friend Jenny  ( http://goldseven.wordpress.com/ ) also made me the most amazing and inspiring image of Strength to help me focus and tackle all of this head on.



To battle I go, and I intend to win it. Thank you Jenny, and all dear friends with a kind thought or word - they help me with what lays ahead.
 


1 comment:

  1. I just want to point out that you look great! And that you should keep this haircut. Patience IS trusting in G-d's timing. We’ve had so many things working out for us... it’s hard to believe there is no sort of cosmic connection or divine intervention here. I mean, Jeff and I (and the twins) will be in Calgary!!! And I can see you EVERYDAY!!!!! We had moved to Alberta just a couple of months before this happened... I am off work... too many great coincidences. And you will have the best doctor in the country.

    You will have MANY, MANY more beautiful days ahead to share with us. And I love you will ALL MY HEART :)

    Uli


    Ps. Was Aiden surprised? What did he say?

    ReplyDelete