Monday, 14 May 2012

Vini, Vidi... fell asleep?

Colonoscopy and gastroscopy are all done!

The prep was miserable ( bless you Kay, for sending me the Dave Barry article:  http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/02/11/427603/dave-barry-a-journey-into-my-colon.html  as I really needed to take it with a dose of humour! ) but the procedures themselves I don't remember at all.
Anesthesia seems to hit me hard so I woke up rather slowly, spent the afternoon  in a groggy daze -- and after an ill-advised glass of milk tried very hard not to throw up.

Happily by now I've shaken off the hideous pounding headache and the nausea, and am having some apple juice/ water with  mint and enjoying the cooler night air.


Tomorrow -- vaccines in preparation for the splenectomy during the MOAS.Things are rolling, so we roll right along....

3 comments:

  1. One step gone just a few more to go. And as you say it is a process so just keep on walking thru it step by step. Be brave and you know that down here in good old Bogota there is people thinking, cheering and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. As someone else has said, one more step done! You're in my thoughts and prayers every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the process having already taken the step to have regular ( every 2-3 years) colonoscopy checkups so I can empathize completely with the 200 liter prep. I did enjoy reading your friend's referred article from the Miami Herald. Thanks for that and for helping others while getting through yours. Laughter always helps.
    Wilma

    ReplyDelete