Saturday, 28 July 2012

Blueberry Picking

Today we went blueberry picking, our family summer tradition!

While being at the hospital during the particular low days I remember trying to focus on the things I wanted to do, the things I missed most being there. Every summer we go and blueberry pick together, and all I could think of was how much I wanted to be home for Chris' birthday and go pick them together.

For us a normal summer was that - lazy days of exploring nature, enjoying the blueberry bonanza and our time with each other. So, with chemo looming next week we thought this weekend was the perfect chance!  Its the first week of the blueberry season, so only  a few were ripe; still enough for a couple of buckets though! I was pretty sore afterward, but loved being in the fresh air and the feeling of a little bit of normalcy.

Still can't eat the blueberries, but hey, I can at least pick them! :D






6 comments:

  1. I wish I had been here. You guys look soooo happy! I'm sure it was a great day for all of you :)
    Ula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo jealous, that looks like so much fun! Probably all the sweeter for being something you were working so hard toward...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice pictures!!!
    RG

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day soon you shall eat the blueberries. ALL OF THEM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Apis,

    Happy to see you are out picking blueberries! Your blog gives the rest of us so much hope! Good luck with chemo this week.

    Hoping we can meet this weekend - depending on your schedule.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see you enjoying some family time, Apis. :) Hope you'll be able to enjoy those blueberries again soon.

    ReplyDelete