Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Day by day

The appointment went wonderfully, thankfully. I am healing faster than expected, and thiugh ther are still the stomach issues those should be easing over time. I just have to be patient and try to eat as much as possible. Dr.T suggested imodium to make food stick around longer in mysystem... As I did lose part of my bowel currently my body is simply not retaining food long enough to really get all the nutrients out of it. He also prescribed a multivitamin.

I have never been more thankful for having extra weight on me; ten days after surgery they weighed me and I had only lost ONE pound. I was on TPN and fluids.... And then I had to relearn how to eat, had the throwing up days... I weighed myself today and in the past two weeks i have lost TWENTY TWO pounds.

I kept wondering why i looked so odd to myself, and now I know. Hopefully trying to force feed myself and the imodium will help! Fresh vegetables are definitely not staying in, bus soups, and pasta... And this mornings croissant all have done okay.

Another thing dr.T gave me, bless him, was a prescription for hormone replacement therapy. With all the bits gone now my emotions were haywire...sudden menopause is not fun, so hopefully this will balance it out.

Day by day a little more alert, a little stronger. Still afraid to believe that ite actuqlly gone... The horrible goo apparently took bits of my liver too. I knew I felt it up there gnawing! For now dr.T will coordinate the follow up chemo with dr. j... Probably in September, as my body has to have recovered from the MOAS first.

Trying to plan ahead a little now...promised Aiden I would make a kid's book with him, and I want to make one about PMP for kids to understand a little of what parents go through, bu I have to research a bit. I am looking forward to finishing up chemo this year and leaving it behind....!

7 comments:

  1. It’s been 10 day since I read your blog the last time so I was just catching up.

    Day by day and one step at a time.

    Thank you for adding me to your FB, I had the chance of looking at some pictures and, wow, were did all that time go???!!!

    Like I said to Ula, you should maybe consider talking with my brother in law; he might be able to give you some of the supplements that he has been working on. All of them are 100% natural and some are appetite enhancers and such. But he is the one who should make the recommendation. Ula has the phone.

    If it is awareness that you what to build, would you like to write something for the 2 community news letters at your old Bogota? I will make sure they get published, even under a nom de plume (thank you Google translator for making me look cool)

    By the way … I am restarting the printed magazine project. Remember Das Blatt? The first number is coming out in September by the time of the high holydays so if you feel up to the challenge the pages are open for you, needless to say that it would be an honor.

    Well … as for today that’s it. Keep it up! You are doing great! Think that today you are one step further than yesterday and only one little step behind of where you will be tomorrow.

    RG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apis! I'm very happy (but not surprised) to hear that you're healing faster than expected! With your strength and tenacity that you've attacked the Jelly Belly you'll be done with this before you know it. Keep it up! Thinking of you and your family often.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're even amazing the experts. You're a star! :)

    I can't get over the progress you make every day. Each post you make, even the frustrated ones, always show you're a step--an sometimes leaps and bounds--closer to your goal. It is so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the appointment went well and I am glad you are able to get on some hormones! Going through menopause with everything else is just not fun! Nothing like a MOAS to help you lose weight! Keep working on the food, it will be a slow process.
    ((((HUGS))))) Caylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Apis! I'm out of the loop for a few days and come back to find you sounding like Apis again!

    Now see, remember back a few months ago when I told you "I've heard of spring weightloss programs, but this is ridiculous!" ^_^ I'm actually surprised it hasn't taken more of your weight, all things considered. Can your system handle Ensure or one of the other liquid supplements? Because sometimes maybe just sipping on something that goes down easy -- but has been beefed up with other things your body needs -- might help.

    Yes, sudden hormone loss will play utter havoc with your emotions, and that on top of the overall shell-shocked-ness. Be very kind to yourself, and celebrate how far you've come in just a few weeks' time! It's pretty amazing how well you're handling it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're amazing ~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. The children's book sounds like a wonderful idea. Go Apis!!

    ReplyDelete