Thursday, 2 August 2012

Dates at last!

Got a call from VGH today - I'm slotted in to have my port put in tomorrow, woo! I told Aiden I'm now going to be part cyborg, hehehe. True to form, he didn't buy it, but it made it a bit less scary and odd. ;)

My chemo is officially scheduled to start on August 14th, and go every two weeks after that. We got to go to the chemo information session yesterday, and got some good general info. Now that we know its coming I wish it were closer, so I could just get it  over with.

Still adjusting to being off the hormone replacement therapy. I asked an oncologist at the session and she noted that they don't like having people on it, as it increases the chances for breast cancer. Like I need another one!

For now, enjoying my balcony's tomatoes and trying not to think too hard about what may lay ahead. No sense in letting my imagination run wild; whatever comes we'll deal with, somehow. And if I lose my hair... well, might be a good chance to be a redhead for a bit! :)

3 comments:

  1. Well it's good to know that you have a date at least! Right before my birthday even, agh, everything happens right around my birthday. Anyway, I really hope everything goes well hon, and I will be sending good thoughts and juju. As always, prayers and love are with you. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now you move on to Stage 2. Thank g-d you already have a date set-up. I know you wanna handle everything on your own. BUT, if you need me I am there (can literally be there in a few hours). I LOVE YOU TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!

    Ula

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that if I ever have to go through anything like this, I have as good a head on my shoulders as you do!

    You go get 'em! Continuing to think about you lots!

    ReplyDelete