Tuesday, 7 August 2012

I Am Titanium!

I have been listening to the David Guetta song on repeat ( well, that one and Kelly Clarkson's "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" ) as I try to not stress over chemo starting in a week.

The past couple of weeks I have heard about several people who lost their battle with cancer, and I've had a few moments of less than happy thoughts. Fact is ... yes, people do die of cancer. But not everyone that gets cancer does. It IS possible to be on remission, it IS possible to not wake up and have the first thought of the morning be about cancer.

In the low days its hard to picture a day where the ghost of cancer won't be everywhere, where the  side effects of treatment, or the pain of surgeries ( or the cancer itself, in some cases) won't be there.  But I have met wonderful people who underwent my same surgery  and treatment and are cancer-free several years later.

I have to believe that can be my future too.

I got through the rotten days by seeing the picture of my son's smiling face, and his 'Mommy, Please get better soon.' I'm trying to.  So, chemo, and whatever else.. you are not going to keep me down if I can help it. 

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium

                    -  D. Guetta, "I am Titanium"

4 comments:

  1. So maybe this is not about being sick or anything like it. And maybe I cannot translate all the words. However it has a message of hope and optimism Yihye Tov … It will be OK!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro9DSgIZOtM
    Sorry I couldn’t find the lyrics but you will get the idea. And if not, it is still a beautiful song.
    Yihye Tov

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are strong like bull! :) You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic song, I loved it the first time I heard it. Kelly Clarkson's is pretty good too. Definitely good songs for you right now. So much love and admiration for you hon. You are so very strong and you are going to prevail. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will prevail Baby. Keep being strong :) I love you times infinity!!!! I love you times infinity!!!! I love you times infinity!!!! I love you times infinity!!!! I love you times infinity!!!! I love you times infinity!!!! I love you times infinity!!!! I love you times infinity!!!! I love you times infinity!!!! I love you times infinity!!!! I love you times infinity!!!! I love you times infinity!!!! I love you!!!! Uli

    ReplyDelete