Monday, 26 November 2012

Dr. Sugarbaker and the Sugarbaker procedure

I've mentioned MOAS ad nauseam, but  an article came out in the Washington Post that can better illustrate it, I think.

Not for the faint of heart, it describes the type of surgery I underwent and the surgeon who pioneered it:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/surgeon-performs-controversial-cancer-surgery-named-after-him/2012/11/25/c8ad7ab8-29da-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html

As appendix cancer is such a stubborn foe there are people who have undergone  it 2 or even three times.

 I’m really hoping that ONE  does the trick for me. I guess we’ll know at the scan in December. G-d bless people like Dr. Sugarbaker who continue to push the frontier of medicine.

Scan date has been set for December 17th, which means I probably won't have the results until the new year. Ah well, at least I will get to enjoy the holidays and my birthday ?

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Cameron, not sure you left me an email to do so?
      If you click on 'Contact me" in the profile part of the blog it sends you to my homepage, and you can find my email address there. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. Apis! You never cease to amaze me with your writing talent, your honesty in sharing your story, and your strength. You're less than a month away from your birthday now! It was such a blessing to see Aiden and his lovely Teicher grandparents :)

    Thinking of you always!

    Paula (and the Sampers)

    ReplyDelete