Tuesday, 18 December 2012

No news is... no news

Thank you for the  good wishes and good energy!
I have been in hermit mode today, to be honest, but I thought I would post up since I have been fielding this question.

MRI went ok. It was a really strange experience; I could understand why people feel claustrophobic. You're strapped in and put in this... tube? Then really loud, frightening noises are all around you in intermittent bursts. I think I was there about 45 minutes, but its hard to tell.  I was pretty happy that I'm a sci fi fan and could get my mind to turn the noises and place into something else entirely; my favorite was imagining I was in a torpedo tube or some such. Maybe I was a stowaway on the Enterprise? At any right trying to think of plausible scenarios helped me pass the time, and it certainly kept me from panicking.

It DID help to close my eyes though, so if any of you are heading into your first MRI that would probably be my one recommendation.

As for results - no, I don't have them yet. We asked afterwards how long they usually take and were told about a week, but usually longer during the holidays. I do know that Dr. J had put a note to please read right away, so I'm still hopeful we may be able to get them before my birthday on the 24th.  I want to celebrate it with a NED ( hopefully!) or at least knowing what may be in store for us the next few months.

So - no news.  I'm actively ignoring the phone because honestly it just stresses me out to talk about it when there are no news to share. Sometimes waiting is the hardest part.

Anyhow, I will post up once we DO have anything to report, good or bad. All part of the journey, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment