Monday, 10 December 2012

The Joy of Joints

Hate admitting it, but I'm still in a lot of pain. I've been trying to handle it with extra strength Advil every few hours, but its not really helping  much and it feels like it leaves my mind in a daze. I hate the sensation. My GP suggested a topical cream for the joints, so I will be trying that this week. I've been reluctant to introduce anything else before seeing my oncologist once the scan results are in, but I need to be able to function in some fashion. I had hoped this would be gone by the time I saw him, but as it seems to be sticking around I will need to talk to him about stronger painkillers.

Needless to say I am not sleeping particularly well, and until the scan in a week- goodness, one week!- I will likely be less present both online and in person.  Full hermit mode seems to now be engaged, and I hope to come out of it once I have had the scan.


1 comment:

  1. It's always best to see what the professionals say, but try some glucosamine supplements for your joints. It seems to help mine, either that or some kind of topical medicine that has glucosamine in it. Don't know if it will help, but it might be worth a try? Otherwise I use Advil. Take care, lovey. Lots of love and prayers. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete